Terms & Conditions
The contract for a short-term holiday rental shall be made between the client and the proprietor. The person signing the booking form certifies that she or he is a member of the party and is authorised to agree the terms and condition as set out below;
- A non returnable deposit of 30% of the rental is payable on booking.
- At the same time we will require a returnable cautionary deposit of £100 for families with children under 10 years of age to cover any damage or breakages. This will be returned within 7 days of your departure.
- The balance of the rental is payable 8 weeks before the date of arrival.
- Non payment of the balance within 8 weeks will be construed as a cancellation.
- Cancellations must be made in writing by letter or email.
- We will try to re-let the property and if successful we will return 70% of the rental paid.
ARRIVAL and DEPARTURE TIMES
- Rentals are from Friday to Friday and at other times by request.
- The Rental commences at 16.00 on the day of arrival and terminates at 10.00 on the day of departure.
NUMBER of GUESTS
- The number of guests occupying the property is limited to four in each cottage (eight if both cottages are taken).
- Any complaint must be reported immediately.
- No complaints will be entertained at the end of the rental period or after departure.
BREAKAGES OR DAMAGE
- Any breakages or damage must be paid for out of the cautionary deposit.
DUTY OF CARE
- The property is maintained to a high standard. In the event of a breakdown we will endeavour to put the matter right within 24 hours. We cannot be held responsible for a breakdown within this specified time.
- In certain instances pets may be accommodated by prior arrangement.
PERSONAL INJURY and LOSS
- We cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage during your stay at Martins Cottages.
- Every care is taken to ensure that our particulars are correct. However, we cannot be held liable to any changes or alterations made.
RIGHT of ENTRY
- We reserve the right to enter the property at any reasonable time for purposes of inspection or to carry out necessary repairs or maintenance.
- Due to the terms of our insurance we have a NO SMOKING policy.
- The property must be left clean and tidy upon departure.