Terms & Conditions
The contract for a short-term holiday rental shall be made between the client and the proprietor. The person signing the booking form certifies that she or he is a member of the party and is authorised to agree the terms and condition as set out below;
- A non returnable deposit of 30% of the rental is payable on booking.
- At the same time we will require a returnable cautionary deposit of £100 for families with children under 10 years of age to cover any damage or breakages. This will be returned within 7 days of your departure.
- The balance of the rental is payable 8 weeks before the date of arrival.
- Non payment of the balance within 8 weeks will be construed as a cancellation.
- Cancellations must be made in writing by letter or email.
- A cancellation made 8 weeks before check-in there is a 100% refund less the 30% deposit.
- In the event of a cancellation, we will try to re-let the property, and if successful, we will refund 50% of the rental paid.
- We strongly advise that guests take out travel insurance to cover costs due to a cancellation.
Arrival and Departure Times
- From Easter until the end of September we offer a minimum of a 7 night booking from Friday to Friday. From the end of September to Good Friday the following year guests can book a minimum of a 3 night booking. At Christmas, New Year and February half term the minimum is five nights.
- The Rental commences at 16.00 on the day of arrival and terminates at 10.00 on the day of departure.
Number of Guests
- The number of guests occupying the property is limited to 4 in each cottage (8 if both cottages are taken together).
- Any complaint must be reported immediately.
- No complaints will be entertained at the end of the rental period or after departure.
Breakages or Damage
- Any breakages or damage must be paid for out of the cautionary deposit.
Duty of Care
- The property is maintained to a high standard. In the event of a breakdown we will endeavour to put the matter right as soon as we are able.
- In certain instances pets may be accommodated by prior arrangement.
Personal Injury and Loss
- We cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage during your stay at Martins Cottages.
- Every care is taken to ensure that our particulars are correct. However, we cannot be held liable to any changes or alterations made.
Right of Entry
- We reserve the right to enter the property at any reasonable time for purposes of inspection or to carry out necessary repairs or maintenance.
- Due to the terms of our insurance we have a NO SMOKING policy.
- The property must be left clean and tidy upon departure.